If you find it hard to build high performance practice and industry groups, you are not alone. Only 13% of firms surveyed rated the majority of their groups’ performances as “excellent”.
Our PracticeLaunch program is a proven roadmap to success.
PracticeLaunch Program Stages
While the details of each assignment differ, we follow a similar roadmap for each project. This roadmap is codified in the principles, practices and processes of our PracticeLaunch Program.
- Conduct Discovery & Analysis. Assignments often begin with a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis. Depending on the size of the group, firm, and budget, this can be a quick conversation with key team members or a thorough examination.
- Establish Team Goals. Next, we gather the goals and agendas from all of the interested parties (management, leaders, and team members) and use this information to formulate a simple set of objectives to guide the team’s efforts.
- Develop an Improvement Plan. From this foundation, we develop an improvement plan. In addition to performance metrics and accountability procedures, it can include any or all of the following elements:
- Business Model. Refine the group’s business model. This sets forth group’s focus, value proposition, and the logic behind how the group will make money, serve clients, and expand market share.
- Action Plan. Develop a short, easy-to-implement Go-To-Market plan that focuses on business development (finding new clients, growing existing clients, and cross-selling other practice areas) and practice development (adding new lawyers, systems, and procedures).
- Client Growth Plans. Institute client loyalty and growth plans. This can include client teams for key clients.
- Leadership Training. Conduct lawyer-specific Leadership training.
- Improve Meetings. Teach leaders and team members how to have productive meetings.
- Improve Biz Dev Skills. Conduct business development skills training for the group’s lawyers.
- Conduct Research. Gain insight into your competitors, the industry, and target clients.
- Improve Teamwork. Improve team effectiveness and reduce dysfunction and infighting.
Here are several key aspects that distinguishes our PracticeLaunch Program:
- A proven methodology for improving practice and industry groups.
- Designed exclusively for law firms.
- Twelve years of results.
- Deep experience working with law firms of all sizes and in virtually all practice areas, throughout the country.
- Skilled coaches and consultants who are trained in the latest leadership and team effectiveness methods.
- Professionals who understand how to produce results within any law culture and know how to “herd cats.”